Spinach and Potato Curry
2-3 fresh chillies, finely chopped
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon tumeric
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic
900g fresh spinach, washed
How to Cook
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the mustard seeds, fresh chillies and spices and stir fry for a few seconds until the mustard seeds start popping.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, then add the garlic.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water and the potatoes. Cook gently for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate pot, wilt the spinach a few handfuls at a time. The water from washing the spinach will be enough to cook it.
- Drain the spinach, chop it and add it to the potato mixture, then serve.