Garlic and rosemary roast potatoes
- Potatoes (Desirée, King Edward, Maris Piper)
- Red onions
- Peel and chop the potatoes into even sized pieces. Part boil, drain and leave to cool and dry off on some kitchen towel or a clean tea towel. I usually prepare these early and put them in the fridge when dry. When cold, roll them in plain flour and put to one side.
- Peel and thickly slice a red onion (any onion will do but a red one adds a splash of colour), peel and chop/crush some garlic
- Cover the base of a baking tray with oil and heat until very hot – this is essential. If the oil is not hot enough, the potatoes will go soggy.
- When the oil is very hot, add the potatoes, turn quickly so they are covered in oil, then sprinkle the red onions, garlic and rosemary over the top (fresh or dried herbs both work) this smells heavenly whilst it’s cooking!
- Cook at 200°C for about 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking, turn the potatoes so that they are crispy on all sides